At Least For Today!

saying for self esteem'happinessThe bad news is this WRITING 101 challenge has been (close to) a complete bust (I have managed to get a challenge or two completed, but not much more). The good news however – is that I’m close enough to taste the self publisher I will use to print my book, Passing Through. The extensive amounts of time and energy I have spent on this (gy-normous – please don’t tell me it’s not a word) detail have been seismic. Who? How? Why? What package? Geez!

Anyway, things are picking up. Fast. I am being interviewed by blog talk radio this week (can you believe?) and I will have the contract by next week. Then comes soooo much: cover design, internal formatting, photos to be added in the middle, bio, blurbs on back cover (hi Mimi!), book photo of me (yikes), final galleys, etcetera.

DSCN0177

I am enamored, excited, nervous – you name it, I feel it! There is an aliveness to putting my ass on the line that little else rivals. Everything I do, even minor daily activities, is filled with a sense of purpose, depth and joy. Yoga, food shopping, phone calls. An energy that leaves no space for nonsense. No time. No interest. No need. I am enlivened, filled with the passion of a message delivered. Today, just today – is unlimited!

Celia Rhodes Photography

Celia Rhodes Photography

About wendykarasin

I am complicated and seeking - joy and sorrow, country and city, competition and cooperation. After behavior of a gregarious nature, I require down time to refuel. My loves are children, family, friends, reading, writing, blogging, fitness, and health. I feel most alive when I stay true to my core values. Beauty makes me happy, pain helps me grow.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to At Least For Today!

1. mimijk says:

I am SO excited for you!!

2. Mark Bussy says:

Good luck! Very ambitious….(and not like that’s a BAD thing…

• wendykarasin says:

Thanks Mark – I’m excited. It’s taken a while to get here, but it’s time to move forward and get this party started, or perhaps finished would be the better word.
      Stay tuned…

3. Sandra says:

“Can you believe it?” BELIEVE IT. First step to achieving what you/we want. Kudos and congrats to you. Stay in excitement and enamourous-ness!! And thanks for helping me cut myself some slack about keeping up with the challenge. I’ve got other things to do too!

4. wendykarasin says:

I’m glad, Mimi…you deserve to be happy!

5. gjoelfranco says:

Believe it!!! Congratulations and wish you all the success on your book! Enjoy every minute of it, don’t let it consume you! Hope to be able to read the book soon!

• wendykarasin says:

Thank you so much – and I am going to remind myself to enjoy it (as I appreciate your reminder!) I hope you will be reading it soon too…I’ll keep you posted!

6. Joan Tatley says:

Best luck to you! I’m sure it will be very exciting experience.

• wendykarasin says:

I’m looking forward to the inevitable ups and downs, although the final product, holding my own book in my hands, will be a most exciting experience. Thanks for your good wishes.